Photo: Getty Images
Fact: Wedding planning can induce stress, which can lead to short fuses — which can lead to fights between you and your fiancé over things you never pictured yourself bickering about, like, napkins. We get it. And because we do, we know these are eight things no bride wants to hear her groom say as she plans what could be the biggest event of their lives.
1. "Do we really need that?"
Whether he's questioning your choice of salad dressing or wondering if you can cut the DJ in favor of an iPod playlist, of course you want your guy's support, not his doubt.
2. "We can't get married then — my favorite college football team plays that night!"
Unless the first-string quarterback is a groomsman, no woman wants to schedule her wedding around a sports team's schedule!
3. "I picked up the most rad neon ties for the groomsmen to wear!"
Glow-in-the-dark accessories are totally cool — on the dance floor. You've got every right to want your guy to steer clear of a fashion faux-pas.
4. "We scheduled the bachelor party for the night before our wedding."
A bride has enough to worry about without wondering just how hungover her man will be when she meets him at the altar.
5. "I don't care."
Ouch. While your guy doesn't have to have an opinion on every tiny wedding detail, hearing "I don't care" when it comes to your menu, color scheme or theme can really hurt.
6. "A photographer's too expensive. I've got a friend with an awesome DSLR, and he can take our pictures!"
Attempts to save money are admirable. But trusting an amateur to document your big day is borderline crazy.
7. "I want [insert friend you hate] to be my best man."
Knowing you'll have to spend the day side-by-side a jerk is sure to add to your soaring stress levels.
8. "Can we hand-deliver our invitations?"
You want your partner to help you tackle your wedding planning to-do list, not add unnecessary items to it.
What are some other things no bride wants to hear from her groom while wedding planning? Tell us on Twitter at @BRIDES!