Photo: Courtesy of vendors; Illustration by Christina Park
Every bride wants to look like the very best version of themselves on their wedding day, but whether you're hiring a professional hair and makeup artist or going at it alone, you need to know that the products you're using will deserve the results you want. To help you get that coveted, beautiful wedding day look, the editors at BRIDES tested hundreds of products to bring you the very best for all things beauty in 2015.
1. Volumizer: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blowout Spray, $9.99
Here's your ticket to big, sexy, Victoria's Secret-model volume. Our tester loved the lasting body (and killer selfie) that she got thanks to this pre-blow-dry spray.
2. Flatiron: BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium 1.5-inch Straightening Iron, $130
Wide plates make this portable tool ideal for wrangling long or thick hair. "After I used it, my hair looked much silkier, and the ends had more shape," says our tester. "Someone even asked if I'd just had a blowout." Victory!
3. Shampoo and Conditioner: Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, $2.87 each
Even the biggest shampoo snobs fell for this affordable, creamy, argan-oil-infused duo, which beat out several much pricier brands. "After I showered, my always-tangly hair soft and easy to comb," says one editor. "And the shine lasted for days."
4. Deep Conditioner: Kérastase Nutrivite Masquintense, $63
Bring your colored, your flatironed, your damaged hair! Frayed ends are no match for this thick, rich treatment. "I now use it twice a week, and my hair is so much softer," says one editor.
5. Shine Spray: L'Oréal Paris Sleek It Strand Smoother Serum-Spray, $4.99
This weightless mist marks an end to the string of heavy, greasy serums that had filled our tester's trash can. "My curls looked glossy immediately — and hours later," she says.
6. Hairspray: L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Strong Hold Hairspray, $15
This fave of runway stylists holds updos like a dream, and our tester raves that you can brush through hair at the end of the night with no flaking or crunching.
7. Blow-Dryer: Sedu-Revolution Pro 4000i Hair Dryer, $250
Because brides have better things to do than blow-dry their hair all morning, we present this mighty machine. "It has a ton of power!" raves our tester. "It dried my hair in half the time of the others I tested."
8. Texturizer: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, $42
Beyond getting high marks for its "clean, fresh, and addicting" scent, this spray is a godsend for reviving second-day hair. Add a few pumps, scrunch, then step back and admire your sexy texture.
9. Defrizzer: Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Smoothing Crème Serum, $4.99
"If you're going to be outside in steam weather, here's your new BFF," says one editor. The lightweight cream prevents frizz on all hair types, without any greasiness.
10. Curl Tamer: Pantene Pro-V Anti-Frizz Curl Crème, $5.99
Curl products are often a study in frustration: Too thick and they weigh hair down; too think and they don't do much of anything. This one strikes the perfect balances, says our tester: "It went on smooth, defined my curls, and held back frizz — even on a rainy day."
11. Curling Iron: Sultra the Bombshell 1.5-inch Rod Curling Iron, $130
"Pretty, beach waves that last all day!" cheers our tester, who was wowed by the easy-to-use design — and the results. "They held their shape but never looked overdone. Yay!"