Photo: Laura Ivanova Photography
The maid of honor performs a number of essential functions, but the most precious are those that help an overwhelmed bride. It's alright to ask your maid of honor for extra help every now and then — long as you don't resort to bridezilla behavior. Here are five times it's perfectly acceptable to enlist your MOH's problem-solving prowess.
1. Any time the wedding chaos has you uttering the words, "Maybe we should just elope."
If you're even considering scrapping your wedding plans due to the mayhem and stress, it's time to let someone else shoulder the burden with you.
2. When you wish to communicate with your groom before the wedding...without incurring the bad luck of a pre-ceremony wedding gown viewing.
Whether you wish to send your fiancé a token of your love or calm his nerves with a note, your bridesmaid can take on the role of messenger so your groom doesn't get a sneak peek of your gown.
3. At those inevitable wedding reception junctions when a family member or friend is preventing you from partaking in the mouthwatering menu.
First and foremost, you should be lucid and alert during your wedding, and food is essential for maintaining your energy. The moment a loved one stands between you and much-needed sustenance, your MOH can perform an interception.
4. If at any moment on your big day you need to haggle with a vendor, deal with last-minute changes in your plans, or otherwise put out fires when you should be enjoying the celebration.
If your wedding planner is MIA, your MOH is there to rescue you.
5. When you need someone trustworthy to cure your case of cold feet.
Even brides who are wholeheartedly committed to their fiancé's can catch a case of the dreaded cold feet before their wedding. And who better than a BFF to provide much-;needed support?