Last week we gave you step-by-step instructions on how to create an effortless side ponytail wedding day hairstyle right in your very own home. But since we know that many brides favor a traditional look with a modern twist, we worked on another bridal hairstyle that you can recreate without having to book an appointment at the salon: a braided bun. It's the perfect way to wear your hair up on your wedding day without looking too formal.
A soft and sophisticated look like this would pair well with any kind of wedding — whether you're hosting a beachside destination celebration, a cool, boho bash or a rustic-chic affair. The low bun keeps this wedding hairstyle feeling classic, while the trendy braids give it a fun and unexpected edge.
And since this look can be achieved in 7 simple steps, it's the perfect option for the DIY bride or bridesmaid.
Follow our step-by-step instructions to master this braided updo and watch the look come to life in the video below!
1. Prep dry hair with texturizing spray or dry shampoo.
2. Create two face-framing braids.
3. Leaving out the braids, roll two sections of hair into a low ponytail, securing at the nape of the neck with bobby pins.
4. Turn the ponytail into a loose braid.
5. Wrap the braid into a chignon and secure with bobby pins.
6. Pin back the two face-framing braids.
7. Finish with a gorgeous hair pin!