While classic buns or chic twists are perennially popular wedding hairstyles, not every bride wants a super formal up-do on her big day. In fact, many modern brides are choosing romantic, flowing hairstyles that look effortless, yet still feel special enough to be paired with a gorgeous wedding dress. But if you're the type of bride-to-be who wants a look that's formal and relaxed, consider this half-up hairstyle.
Thanks to a cool center part, light-as-air curls, and a volumized crown, this dreamy look will perfectly suit the bride-to-be who wants an elevated version of her everyday style on her big day. And, surprisingly, it's super easy to achieve, meaning you can try this style on your own, too! Consider it for your rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, or even your bachelorette party so you can test drive it before you walk down the aisle.
Follow our step-by-step instructions to master this half-up hairstyles and watch the look come to life in the video below!
1. Center part your hair. Then, using a one-inch barrel curling iron, curl sections of your hair.
2. Lightly tease the section of hair at your crown.
3. Leaving out face-framing pieces, pull back the top half of your hair and secure it with bobby pins. Keep your hair center parted.
4. Gently secure the face-framing pieces at the back of your head with bobby pins.
5. Brush out your curls a bit so they don't look too perfect and finish with a touch of flexible-hold hairspray.