Photo: Hayley Bray Photography
Sometimes, it's hard to say exactly what you feel — especially when it comes to your maid of honor. We asked real brides the difficult — and even sweet — things that they would like to have said to their MOHs during or after the ceremony. Who knows? Their words may inspire you to work through potential issues with your best girl before your wedding.
• "Make sure I actually eat!" — *Sarah
• "This is my wedding, not yours, so stop trying to take over my day!" — *Jenny
• "My daughter will be my maid of honor. I have nothing but respect for my munchkin!" — *Amanda
• "Not to drink as much." — *Claire
• "That I love her just like a sister." — *Terrie
• "You should have told my when my bra was showing!" — *Lauren
• "Maybe my whole family didn't need to know about that incriminating incident from college. I wish you hadn't put that in your speech." — *Julie
• "With her by my side, anything is possible!" — *Alex
• "Of all the guys you could have hooked up with at the wedding, he was the worst." — *Lindsay
• "Run interference with my family!" — *Alyssa
• "Nothing! She's just perfect. I love her. That's why she's my best friend and maid of honor." — *Claire
• "Honestly, I would have chosen someone else. My maid of honor was my husband's sister. I did that to keep the peace in the family. I wanted my best friend up there with me, but I you marry your husband, you marry his family. Not what I wanted, but oh well." — *Molly
What do you wish you could've told your maid of honor? Tweet us @BRIDES!
*Names have been changed