Photo: Courtesy of vendors; Illustration By: Christina Park
Yet another reason to love July: It's national ice cream month! With only a few days left to celebrate, we rounded up five of our favorite ways to incorporate frozen treats into your wedding festivities. From the bridal shower to the post-wedding brunch, these sweets are a serious upgrade from the the traditional sundae bar.
1. Sweet Lucie's: Add a throwback touch to your reception by renting Sweet Lucie's adorable vintage-style organic ice cream truck. Owner Geri Czako will work with you to create a flavor fit for even the most unique tastes. Think: Blue Moon beer or Italian Truffle Honey. Pricing starts at $1,000 for 100 guests, Sweet Lucie's Organic Ice Cream
2. eCreamery: Channel your inner chef with eCreamery's interactive website that allows you to customize your frozen masterpiece with a selection of flavors and mix-ins — the options are literally endless. Pricing starts at $59.99, eCreamery
See More: Alternatives to the Classic Wedding Cake
3. Nye's Cream Sandwiches: We're not kidding when we say these ice cream sandwiches are hand-crafted — the ice cream is hand scooped, the cookies are homemade and every sandwich is packaged individually. Along with classic flavors, Nye's offers a rotating list of yummy seasonal options: Right now you'll find gems like Blueberry Pie (sugar cookies and blueberry ice cream) and Coconut Chocolate (chocolate ganache cookies and toasted coconut ice cream). Plus, you can customize the labels to vibe with your wedding décor. $60 for 12, Nye's Cream Sandwiches
4. Ciao Bella: Looking for a lighter dessert option for your bridal shower? Enter gelato. Serve it in cute paper cups garnished with a sprig of fresh mint or have your bartender drop a scoop into your favorite champagne for a sweet après-dinner refreshment. $4.99, Ciao Bella Gelato
5. Payard: If you're searching for something more unexpected than the classic French macaron, consider these ice cream sandwiches made from a macaron shell. Developed by world-renowned pâtissier, François Payard, these delicate confections come in a variety of mouth-watering flavors such as Salted Caramel and Pistachio Cheesecake. $5 each, Payard