Photos (counterclockwise from top left) Courtesy of: Macy's, Royal Design, Lenox, Christofle, Wayfair, Barney's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Vietri, Jung Lee, Leif Shop
If you think registering for your wedding includes mindlessly scanning a silver service and a 40-piece place setting, it's time for a wake-up call. Modern registries allow you to rethink the classics and break away from tradition, making things like a wine cooler named "Pop" absolute necessities. While your registry should always include the basics for your first home as a couple, remember to make room for items with a modern twist — whether it's a practical take on fine china (dishwasher safe anyone?) or a traditional decanter in a very non-traditional color.
We've put together some of our favorite items that are sure to take your registry up a notch, rethinking the classics with a fresh spin on entertaining, glassware with unexpected shapes, and mixing tabletop that reflect how you and your husband to be actually live. Consider it the registry equivalent of having your cake and eating it too.
1. Riedel's Amadeo Decantor, $379 available at Macy's
2. Georg Jensen's Helena Teapot & Coaster Set, $217 available at Georg Jensen
3. Kate Spade by Lenox Castle Peak Serving bowl, $70 available at Lenox
4. Leif's Ink Scribble Coaster (Set of 4) $18, available at Leif Shop
5. Vietri Optical Emerald Old Fashioned Glass, $19 available at Vietri
6. Mario Luca Giusti's Acrylic Victoria & Albert Purple Footed Coupe, $21 available at Jung Lee
7. Christofle's Arborescence 2-light Candelabra, $1,200 available at Christofle
8. Noritake's Colorwave 4-Piece Place Setting in Graphite, $40 available at Wayfair
9. Alessi "Pop" Wine Cooler, $224 available at Barney's
10. Oneida 5-Piece Place Setting, $49 available at Bed Bath & Beyond