Photo: Getty Images
Looking for some fun date ideas to try with your new husband in 2014? Here are some of our favorite ideas for couples this year:
1. Play Picasso: We've been hearing about couples enrolling in art classes together (some, which even serve wine and beer), and we think this sounds like fun! Even if you don't have an artistic bone in your body, you'll bond when you see his masterpiece (and show him yours).
2. Sing It: Karaoke may sound very 1993 to you, but hold on, brides ... it's having another moment. More boutique karaoke bars are popping up in major cites and catering to couples who want to sing together (or to each other!). Even if you're shy about your ability to sing on key, taking a risk and getting up on that stage will show him that you're willing to be vulnerable for him, and you'll grow closer because of it. Bonus: Health researchers say that singing is a big happiness booster.
3. Up, Up and Away: As the weather gets warmer this spring, consider booking a flight on a hot air balloon with your husband-to-be. As you glide over the countryside 1,000 feet in the air, you'll take your love to new heights.
4. Lend a Hand: We continue to hear about couples who use their together time to help others or an important cause, and we think it's a trend worth embracing in 2014. Whether your planting trees in a city park that needs some TLC or dishing up meals at the soup kitchen, your love can only grow when you're doing good deeds together.
5. Release Adrenaline: You don't have to be a daredevil to take a bold risk with your husband-to-be. Think: zipline, a scuba-diving adventure, scaling a mountainside (or just a rock-climbing wall in town). These are all activities bound to get your heart pumping and the two of you in sync, body and mind. (Here are five sports for couples that we love!)