Photos: Courtesy of vendors
Your bridesmaids offer nods of encouragement as you brave the bridal salon for wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. They share in the paper cuts that come from stuffing wedding invitation envelopes. They even endure high-heeled pain (and smeared mascara!) standing by your side as you recite those handwritten wedding vows.
This holiday season, it's time to show them some love.
You could panic and get them all a nail polish a week before the wedding, or you could take advantage of the season's best steals and snag your nearest and dearest totally unexpected—and totally adorable—tokens of appreciation they'll go nuts over and, better yet, will actually use. Here, nine items our editors ohhed and ahhed over this year.
Time to go shopping, brides-to-be!
1. For the Bridesmaid You Put on Mother-in-Law Duty: Dramatic Earrings
So glam, so elegant, so affordable—these stunners make any LBD black-tie ready.
Chandelier earrings, $17, Cost Plus World Market
2. For the Bridesmaid Who Has Been Reading Your Horoscope Since Before Your Met Your Fiancé : A Constellation Necklace
Admit it: You've got more than one initial necklace from your own bridesmaid gigs buried in your jewelry box. Break out of the alphabet with a simple gold-plated disc painted with the birth-sign constellation of each of your 'maids.
Gold-plated Taurus locket necklace, $75, Julie Nolan Jewelry available on Etsy
3. For the Bridesmaid Who Checked "Vegan" on the RSVP Card: An Organic Skin-Care Set
Weeks of pre-wedding stress and a weekend of champagne top-offs will leave your girls needing some TLC, stat. Help them give their complexion some love with this set of (all-natural and organic!) travel-size essentials, including a cleanser, moisturizer, blotting sheet, and microdermabrasion scrub mask. They'll be ready for work on Monday in no time!
One Love Organics Essentials to Go, $50, One Love Organics
4. For the Bridesmaid Who Has an Excel Spreadsheet Dedicated to Your Bachelorette Party: A Stash Box
No, not that kind of stash. It's the perfect size for her earrings, hair ties, fave lipsticks, and anything else you need organized—and customizable with each bridesmaid's name and favorite design.
Personalized Lucite box, $78, Minnie & Emma
5. For the Bridesmaid Who Always Offers to Do Your Makeup: A Wedding-Day Makeup Set
This has everything they'll need for touch ups at the reception (or any night out ever): gorge neutral lipstick, mini mascara, and a corrective pen to brighten up tired eyes after a night of dancing. They'll thank you when the photos come out!
Givenchy Red Carpet Look, $60, Sephora
6. For the Bridesmaid Who Introduced You to the Perfect Stationer: Monogrammed Stationery
She'll never be more excited to write you a thank-you note for her gift.
Monogrammed note set, $18, Fig. 2 Design Studio
7. For the Bridesmaid Who Helped You Stuff Envelopes: Ultrarich Hand Creams
Buy the set of 10, jam-packed with moisturizing shea butter, dole 'em out to your bridesmaids, and keep the rest for yourself!
L'Occitane Hand Cream Soiree, $92; Sephora
8. For the Bridesmaid Who Has Her Own Pinterest Board Dedicated to Your Wedding Dress: A Statement Necklace
Gift them a piece they can wear with their bridesmaids' dresses—and then out on Saturday night a week later.
Necklace, $98, C. Wonder
9. For the Bridesmaid Who Is Traveling All the Way Across the Country Just to Be There: Jewelry Roll
So very Liz Taylor on a yacht off the coast of Italy, no? They'll want to stash their jewelry in it year-round.
Leopard jewelry roll, $24, Pottery Barn