Though the winner of Brides Live Wedding will have nothing to worry about when it comes to her wedding day hair (she'll have a team of TRESemmé stylists at the ready!), there is still plenty you can do to make sure your tresses look perfect when you say "I do." To get the skinny on prepping for the most important "good hair day" of your life, we asked TRESemmé stylist John D.—the same hair guru who has worked on Selena Gomez's glossy strands—for his top tips. Whether you're going for something classic, like an elegant chignon topped with a gorgeous vintage broach, or an edgier style (think, gorgeous boho braid), you'll want a timeless look that will last from day-to-night, but more importantly, makes you feel as beautiful as you are.
1. Be selfish. "Ask yourself, 'What hairstyles look the best on me?'" says John D. "Think of your favorite hairstyles that you've worn over the years. Choose that one that makes you feel comfortable, confident, and cool. Your wedding day can be filled with stress, anxiety, and mounds of details—the last thing you want to worry about is your hair."
2. Don't rule anything out. "When it comes to choosing the perfect wedding 'do there are so many options to consider," says John D. Just because you always wear your super-curly hair in a high bun doesn't mean soft finger waves are off the table. "No matter what your hair texture is, whether it's curly, loose and body waved, or pin straight—or any combo of any of these textures—the perfect style for your big day is possible because you're bringing experts on board," says John D.
3. Create a visual. "Once you've chosen a couple of inspired styles, it's time to make an inspiration board. Pull ideas from your favorite magazines, online blogs, and Pinterest. Even if you're not entirely sure which look you love most, an image can give your hairstylist loads of info about what it is you may be looking for," says John D.
4. Piece it together. You don't have to produce one, perfect look for your stylist to recreate—and where's the fun in that? "Say you're stuck between a beautiful down style and a lovely updo. By bringing in both of the images, your stylist will be able to incorporate your favorite aspects from each and ultimately turn them into one, fully-customized look," says John D.
5. Remember, practice makes perfect. "It is essential you make an appointment with your hairstylist for the ever-important wedding hair test run," says John D. And remember to follow the two previous tips and be prepared. "Not you (nor your hairstylist) will want to try 15 completely different looks. Be specific, have a direction, collaborate, and let the stylist give it a go. A couple of minor adjustments may be needed to tweak the style, but the test run is the best way to feel good about what you have in mind for the big day." And if possible, bring your bridal veil or hair accessory along. This is the perfect time to figure out exactly where and how to fasten the piece, says John D.
The lucky bride who wins Brides Live Wedding will get her tresses transformed by a TRESemmé stylist! While the deadline to enter Brides Live Wedding has passed, you can still enter to win amazing prizes every week like a Microsoft Surface tablet, an iPad mini, and more! Enter now on Facebook.