We caught up with the 24-year old to talk wedding registry. We were dying to know what her must-have baking items would be for the newly wed kitchen. Here are her top five picks:
1. A Stand Alone Mixer. "Kitchen Aid is my favorite brand. All of the models are amazing, so you can't really go wrong. I just love them."
2. Aluminum Mixing Bowls. "I like aluminum because they don't break or burn, and they come in a million different sizes. They're very versatile and won't really break the bank either!"
3. Good Measuring Cups. "Be sure to get both liquid and dry versions. Most people don't know this, but they're night and day different! I prefer the simple metal when it comes to dry measuring cups. Also, when I first started out I totally used those measuring spoons that tell you what a 'smidge' and a 'pinch' should be. I'm telling you they seriously helped."
4. Serrated Knife. "I couldn't do a thing without my good 12" knife. For cutting up baked goods (especially cakes), it's gotta be serrated."
5. Cake Pans. "My favorite brand for consistent cake pans is Fat Daddio's. They're cheap online and come in different sizes and depths. I use them every single time I cook. Period."
Be sure to pick up the June issue of Brides to find Marissa's spread on page 176 called 'A Cut Above'.
You Might Also Like:
From Recipe to Registry: Buttermilk Biscuits and Jam Butters
Our Favorite Wedding Cakes
Must-Have Registry Items