* Flexible tape measure
* Painter's tape
* E6000 glue
MATERIALS (FOR ONE STAND)
* 3 plates (small, medium, large)
* 2 2 3/4-inch egg cups
WHERE TO BUY
* 30 minutes (plus drying time)
* $16 per stand
STEPS (clockwise, from top)
1. FIND plates in the same color family.
2. PLACE an egg cup on the center of the top of the large plate. Using the tape measure, confirm that the egg cup is properly centered on all four sides, then mark the location with painter's tape (as shown). Repeat with the bottom of the small plate, and with both the top and bottom of the medium one.
3. APPLY a thin layer of glue along the top ring of one egg cup. Place it directly onto the center of the medium plate's underside. Repeat with the other egg cup and the small plate. Let dry for 24 hours; remove the tape.
4. APPLY glue to the bottom rim of the egg cup that is attached to the medium plate, and affix it to the center of the large plate. Repeat with the small plate (as shown). Let dry for 24 hours; remove the remaining tape. Et voilà—you've got one element of the dessert bar down.