Photo: Amanda Kraft Photography
In honor of National Pie Day today (who knew?!), we've compiled our favorite pie-centric dessert ideas. Skipping traditional wedding cake for an assortment of pies has been a popular trend—your guests will appreciate a variety of dessert flavors to choose from and it's also a great way to incorporate treasured family recipes into the reception.
1) In the photo above, the bride and groom served apple, pumpkin, pecan, and shoefly pies, which were displayed alongside photos of the couple.
See more creative pie ideas after the jump.
Photo: Courtesy of Cakewalk Desserts
2) Pie pops were all over the wedding blogs last year and these versions by Southern California-based Cakewalk Desserts are especially adorable.
Photo: Robert Mitra
3) Another idea is to offer guests miniature pies with personalized wooden forks as a delicious take-home treat. Pies, Baked NYC; forks, Paper + Cup
Photos: Candice Benjamin (left); APictureLife Photography (right)
4) How cute are these DIY cherry pies-in-a-jar?! The awesome blog Green Wedding Shoes featured a tutorial on how to make them; they'd be a great favor or addition to your dessert display.
Photo: Amy Carroll Photography
5) And, finally, another adorable pie buffet featuring chalkboard signs and whimsical dessert toppers by Baumbirdy, one of our favorite Etsy shops.