We often get a lot of questions about what to wear during an engagement photo shoot, and if you were wondering the same thing, check out our best tips after the jump.
1. Your attire and accessories should complement the location. High heels for a shoot in the woods won't look right.
2. The colors of your outfits should play off the location. Bold hues look great in a more gritty, urban environment, while softer shades look nice in a rustic setting.
3. It sounds like a no-brainer, but choose clothing in complementary colors. His bright red shirt and your pale lavender cardigan are going to clash in photos.
4. Be sure to bring a change of clothes (or two) and extra accessories so you get a variety of looks.
5. Your ensembles should also match formality-wise. If you're wearing a cocktail dress and heels, he needs to do better than jeans and a T-shirt.
This supercute engagement shoot by Pamela Lin Photography is a great case study—I love how bride and groom Kim and Cass dressed perfectly for their casual SoCal shoot in Santa Monica and Venice. They deftly mix-and-matched jeans, button-downs, blazers, stripes, and plaid so that the end result looks coordinated but not overly matchy-matchy. My favorite details are their shoes: bright red canvas Toms, leather Sperry Top-Siders, and tan Clarks and pumps—so cleverly thought out! —Heather Lee