Photo by Getty Images
Dermatologist Nicholas Perricone, author of Forever Young, dishes on ten foods to eat to look delicious.
- Wild Salmon: It contains essential omega-3 fatty acids that keep skin supple, hair healthy, and nails strong.
- Pistachios: Their high levels of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat help nourish the hair and scalp.
- Watercress: The sulfur found in this peppery green will bring strength and shine to nails.
- Cinnamon: This spice, rich in antioxidants, stimulates blood circulation, resulting in plumper skin.
- Olive Oil: It's a healthy fat source that guards against inflammation, which can dull your dermis.
- Green Tea: Antioxidants called polyphenols help combat complexion woes like rosacea and wrinkles.
- Turmeric: This spice works as an anti-inflammatory, helping to heal sun-damaged skin.
- Blueberries: Their phytochemicals (powerful antioxidants) keep fine lines and sagging at bay.
- Dark Chocolate: Its do-it-all flavonols smooth the skin and decrease sun sensitivity.
- Cantaloupe: For a dewy complexion, feast on this melon, which has hydrating vitamin C and beta-carotene.