Photos: Corbin Gurkin
Amanda and Ross live and work in Atlanta, but they wanted to host their nuptials in a breezy, coastal destination. The couple fell in love with Charleston, SC—even though they had never been there together until they scouted it for their wedding. "The city drew us right in and shaped the mood of our day," says the bride, who married in October 2010 at a 19th-century mansion. "Everyone loved Charleston," she says. "That made our day even more beautiful."
Amanda recalls her top 10 best memories of her wedding:
1. "Surprising my bridesmaids with a Zumba class in Battery Park the day before the wedding. I took them on a walk, and there was a teacher waiting with a boom box!"
2. "Dancing with my ninety-two-year-old grandpa to 'My Girl.' He told me how glad he was to have made it to my wedding. I especially cherish the memory because he passed away a few months later."
3. "Giving our toast right after the ceremony; we were still so high from all the emotion."
4. "Devouring the sliders and fries our caterer served at the night's end--I'm a french-fry junkie."
5. "Putting on my dress--it just fell into place and was so comfortable."
6. "Getting the chance to honor both my stepdad, who waited with me in the house and escorted me to the garden's piazza, and my father, who walked me down the aisle."
7. "Rehearsing the morning before the wedding--the sun was shining, birds were singing, and all the bridesmaids teared up."
8. "Cutting the cake privately inside instead of in front of our guests--it was a nice, intimate break."
9. "Listening to my friend Lindsay read an Elizabeth Barrett Browning
poem. Lindsay's a romantic at heart, and we love her idealism about marriage."
10. "Leaving the party in a glam black cab, feeling totally giddy."