Add a romantic glow to your reception tables by transforming votive candles into lace-patterned luminaries. It's a bright idea—and a cinch to pull off!
- Pack of 8 and a half-by-11-inch vellum paper (30 lb.)
- Edger punch (we used "Infinite Dots" by EKSuccess)
- Flower-design punch (we used "Radiant Circles" by EKSuccess)
- Double-sided tape
- 10-hour votives in 2-inch-high glass holders
WHERE TO BUY
- Vellum paper and EKSuccess punches, Paper Presentation; 800-727-3701.
- Votives in holders, jamaligarden.com.
Time: 5 minutes per votive
Cost: $125 for 100
1) Measure and cut a 7 and a half-by-8-inch piece of vellum. Fold it in half lengthwise. (A single layer won't provide enough contrast when illuminated.)
2) With the edger, punch through both layers along the vellum strip's folded edge.
3) Punch the flower design in the middle of the strip.
4) Use a piece of double-sided tape to stick one end of the strip to the glass holder; wrap the strip around the holder (as shown), and use a second piece of tape to secure it. If needed, insert a third piece of tape between the vellum layers. Add a candle.